Tuesday 10 July 2012

Rain Stops Play

Ireland has not escaped the deluges affecting the rest of the UK & since the meeting ten days ago I have been largely confined to quarters by wet conditions, low cloud on the tops & strong winds - all reminiscent of a trip to Northumberland in Summer 2007 - still I have managed the odd easy walk!
Irish schools have broken up so I feel sorry for the families trying to make the best of things but it is very quiet as people are staying put. Thus I have wild camped for almost a fortnight now & have followed the coast round towards Galway from where I will briefly revisit the Burren before crossing to Dublin to meet friends - I hope it picks up for them.
Still the time has given me cause to reflect on the last few months and following the HU meeting I feel inspired to plan for this winter and beyond - particularly as I seem to be as fit as a fiddle. Winter in Spain and Portugal to pick up the lingo should equip me for a longish trip to South America starting in about a year with some early summer walking in the Pyrenees planned for 2013.
After this trip I will be concerned with the Beast event, a major MBA work party and getting the van MOT'd and a new clutch fitted as part of planning for the SA trip.


The poor weather has precluded any worthwhile piccies from Eire so I have compiled a few images from years gone by as a celebration of my good fortune - they are pleasantly random and include a few classics and can be found here
Random locations are available from this link.


Another post from another McDonalds in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help keep us in touch by adding your news and views!

Valencia, The Ebre Delta, Els Ports and Northern Spain

The weather improved after a night in Yecla - in the evening we had walked down to town and watched the Easter floats being dismantled in th...