Tuesday 19 June 2012

Beacons Break

After a long but pleasant journey south I have been catching up with friends and family during a fortnight spent largely around the Brecon Beacons. An enjoyable week's farm sitting reminded me of the pleasures of 'The Good Life' but also the commitments whilst also giving me the opportunity to sort out the van, have a spring clean and refresh kit for the trip over to Ireland on Saturday. I have booked a place for the HUBB meeting in Enniskillen - link here which should provide information and inspiration after which I will explore the north and west coasts before collecting friends from Dublin for a week in the Wicklows.
A good training ride for the Beast over the Gap road followed by a favourite walk over the Carmarthen Fans reminded me that sometimes you don't have to travel very far to be impressed - remarkably it is a decade since I last walked those tops in the summer. To mark my apparent return to irritatingly sound health I will be raising funds for Brecon War Memorial Hospital who were instrumental in promptly diagnosing and reacting to the drama of six months ago - cheque donations gratefully received - email me if you need my Coventry address, or thrust cash at me when I next see you - always a good idea! The event takes place on the 9th of September and will be reported here in due course.
I hope to continue posting in Ireland and will produce a more substantial range of  photos shortly - meanwhile a few humble offerings appear here. 
Erratic if not exotic locations available courtesy of the Spot here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help keep us in touch by adding your news and views!

Au Revoir Maroc

  Our meal at M'Hamid was excellent and we watched a Saharan sunset from the roof terrace lying on comfortable banquettes with just the ...